1. Organizer and objectives
is to promote film education among young people, to give young people across the world the chance to get closer to the film industry, and to discover and cultivate new talents in cinematography. This competition is open to young film and photography enthusiasts aged between 16 and 29.
2. Timeline of the competition and deadlines
Dracula Digital competition will take place in Braşov from July 1st to October 20th, 2019.
Entries are open from July 1st to September 15th, 2019 on www.draculadigital.ro
Voting of the short films subscribed in the competition will take place from September 15th – 30th on www.draculadigital.ro
Dracula Digital final competition takes place from October 16th to Octomber 20th 2019, during Dracula Film Festival in Brasov.
3.competition Entry rules
- the short film must be filmed with a mobile phone
- the short film should have a running time from 1 to 3 minutes
- It has to be a horror, SF, supernatural, thriller or fantastic film
- the film must be posted on www.youtube.com, www.vimeo.com, and the link should be posted on www.draculadigital.ro
- You must agree and accept the rules and regulations of the Dracula Digital 2019 Competition Dracula Digital Competition 2019
- You must be between aged between 16 and 29.Registration to Dracula Digital competition is FREE. The festival DOES NOT pay screening rights for the films submitted in the competitive section – Dracula Digital.
The deadline for the receiption of the application forms is September 15th, 2019. Only entries made through the website www.draculadigital.ro will be taken into consideration.
4. STEP 1: FILM SELECTION
A jury of professionals will select 5 films to enter the final step of the competition.
Also, the film with the most votes from the audience on September 30th, 2019, 23:59, will automatically enter the final competition.
Films submitted in the competition can be voted from September 16th to September 30th, 2019. Votes are registered exclusively on www.draculadigital.ro. Multiple voting is frowned upon and it won’t be taken into consideration.
Representatives of the 6 films selected for the final step of the competition (5 films selected by the jury and one by the public by direct voting) will be invited to Dracula Film Festival held in Braşov between October 16-20th, 2019. For each film, a maximum of 3 people will be invited .
The guests will benefit from accommodation and a meal/day per person for the whole duration of the festival.
5. STEP 2: COMPETITION
The selected teams with the assistance of our specialists will produce a 3 minute short film (horror, SF, supernatural, thriller, fantastic) during Dracula Film Festival (October 16 -20th, 2019). The film will be filmed with a mobile phone in Braşov, on a theme chosen by the jury.
The films will be screened at the festival on Sunday, October 20th, 2019 and the winner will be elected by the jury.
Workshops and masterclasses
From October 17th to October 19th, the 6 teams will participate in dedicated workshops and masterclasses. These workshops will also be open to the general public. The program and theme of the workshops will be announced after October 14th, 2019.
6. Audio-video recording
By participating in the competition, competitors agree that the films produces within the competition will recorded audio and video by the organizers or by the persons designated by the organizer for this purpose. Individuals who appear on the recordings can not have any claim against the organizers, producers or users.
The prize awarded by the organizer to the winner is 500 euro. Prize is taxable under current Romanian law.
8. Competitors obligations
- Comply with the rules and regulations of the competition.
- To participate in the competition if they have passed the selection.
- To own all copyrights, including the rights to submit and screen the film, as well as the copyrights of the actors or soundtrack.
9. Organizer obligations
- Organizes and offers the screening room necessary for the competition.
- Ensures professional and impartial selection.
- Offers “Participation Diplomas” for all competitors who reach the final stage of the competition.
- Provides accommodation and a meal/day for the 6 teams x 3 people invited to the festival.The festival won’t cover travel and transportation costs. The organizers do not provide accommodation, meals and transportation for parents and other companions.
- Organizer offer an award totaling 500 euros. Prize is taxable under current Romanian law.
10. Unforeseen circumstances
All applications must comply with the rules and regulations outlined above. The organizer reserves the right to resolve any exceptional circumstances the way he feels suited.
Participating in Dracula Digital competition implies the acceptance of the rules and regulations listed above. In case of litigation, these situation will be settled in accordance with Romanian law. The festival organizer, FANZIN Cultural Association, reserves the right to invoke force as defined by Romanian law.
12. Terms agreement
In order to promote the festival, competitors allow the organizer to use the information and images sent for the purpose of creating the festival catalog. The organizar is allowed to make available the press images, video content and other information for broadcasting TV shows dedicated to the festival.
The festival is open to the public. A large number of accredited journalists will be invited to the event.
It is forbidden to register films for which the competition participants do not own the copyright or don’t have the author’s consent to use the material.
Competitors are solely responsible for any direct or indirect consequences that may arise as a result of participating in the competition.
The Organizer reserves the right to exclude form the competition films he considers obscene, provocative, or in any way violates the Copyright Act or any other Romanian law in force at the date of the Competition.
Participation in the Festival implies the unconditional compliance of all the provisions of the present regulations.